QRIDE R class Unrestricted is for riders that have been riding regularly for the past year, if you cannot confidently ride a bike we suggest our beginners course to refresh your skills
The R class Unrestricted QRIDE Training course is a 3.5 hour course that is delivered in accordance with the QRIDE Training competencies and structure required to get your Queensland motorcycle licence.
1. QRIDE Exercises, In the first session of the R class unrestricted QRIDE Training course you will do the simulated road ride. You will need a range of skills and habits to successfully negotiate this circuit.
- Roundabouts, turn at low speed with controll
- Slow Ride, learn to control the bike at a slow walking pace
- Swerve, avoid an obstical in a corner
- Stop to a point, stop quickly and smoothly with control
QRIDE training in Queensland is competency based training so you don’t have to get anything right the first time, on this course however, because we cater to confident riders we don’t allow a lot of practice time so you will need to be at a skill level that allows you to pick things up pretty quickly.
2. Road Ride, In the R class unrestricted QRIDE Training course you will complete a 2.5 hr road ride that starts in a residential area and slowly graduates to main roads. During the road ride it will be the QRIDE instructor’s goal to develop your cornering skill and your system of riding, so that every corner feels smooth and easy to read, we will also introduce you to the specific skills and habits that professional riders and drivers use to routinely anticipate and respond to all potential hazards and riding situations. Don’t worry about making mistakes we expect you to make mistakes and get a few things wrong the instructor will continue to correct and develop your riding technique and your system of riding until you are a competent rider.
When you have completed the R class unrestricted QRIDE Training course, we will issue you with a QRIDE competency certificate, all you have to do is fill out the necessary forms online or at Transport and Main Roads have your certificate processed and you will then be issued with a Queensland motorcycle licence.