The QRIDE RE license course is for learners who have road experience on a motorcycle and can ride through their local road network
The QRIDE RE license course is a 8 hour course that runs from 7am to 3 pm. This course is deliverde in accordance with the QRIDE Training competencies and structure required to get your Queensland motorcycle licence.
1. QRIDE Exercises,
- Fig 8’s , learn to turn at low speed with controll
- Slow Ride, learn to control the bike at a slow walking pace
- Slalom, learn to weave around obsticals
- Controlled Stop, bring the bike to a smooth stop whilst downshifting
- Swerve, Like slalom but faster
- Emergency Stop, Learn to stop quickly and smoothly with total control
2. Road Ride, In the afternoon session you will complete a 2 hr road ride that starts in a residential area and slowly graduates to main roads. During the road ride it will be the QRIDE instructor’s goal to develop your cornering skill and your system of riding, so that every corner feels smooth and easy to read, we will also introduce you to the specific skills and habits that professional riders and drivers use to routinely anticipate and respond to all potential hazards and riding situations. Don’t worry about making mistakes we expect you to make mistakes and get a few things wrong the instructor will continue to correct and develop your riding technique and your system of riding until you are a competent rider.
When you have completed the QRIDE RE( Restricted) training course, we will issue you with a QRIDE competency certificate, all you have to do is fill out the necessary forms online or at Transport and Main Roads, have your certificate processed and you will then be issued with a Queensland motorcycle licence.